Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Big Day

Today was my first day at RMSI. Wow, is all I can say! I was welcomed with open arms, side-to-side cheek kisses (which I love), and decorated classrooms that represented WKU. My arrival was everything and more. The way they say my name is to die for- Miss Kita, miss Kita times 100! I was impressed with the quantity and quality of English that was spoken throughout the school. The uni-sex classes are very interesting-you can definitely tell a difference between the boys and girls. The boys are WILD. Nothing like in America. The culture and religion really shine in this school. It is very loud, fast, a lot of emotion, and expressions from all ages. I was informed from the get-go about the difference between American schools and this school. However, I think this whole week is going to be a challenge to manage both boys and girls because it's a very special week here at RMSI!!! It's a celebration of Santa Isabel. She was a queen that helped poor people! So throughout the week, the students do activities in honor of Santa Isabel. For example, the students bring in clothes etc. to give to the poor. The grades are divided up into colors (red, yellow etc) and they earn points all week. The color with the most points wins an excursion or a day off from school. I love all of my kids. I have third grade boys and girls; fifth grade boys and girls. The students never switch classes, but the teachers move classroom to classroom! I also enjoy my teacher, Mrs. Marsia! She is very well-rounded and I know I am going to learn a lot from her!
After school, I hung out with my favorite senioritas--Victoria and Marian. We practiced our dance moves, English skills, and rolling my Rs. They think it's hilarious when I speak Spanish. Victoria's favorite song and dance moves are "I like to move it, move it" it is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Muli (host mom) is amazing! We have a trip planned to go to the mountains this weekend; they own a cabin! I am so excited to see what the next 4 weeks of my life are going to be like. I definitely need some rest though, my allergies are kicking in!
Kira ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment