Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pictures!

I have been slacking on posting pictures so here are several from the first week at RMSI and my first weekend in Barcelona!
Arriving in Barcelona! November 11, 2013
View from my window!!!

My first day at RMSI!!
Yes, they have a pool in their school!!! 😳
Working on projects for Santa Isabel week! (5th grade boys)
First metro ride, with my dear friend Faith, to the city center! 
Cathedral in the city center! 
Some of my third grade girls! I love them! 
My awesome host family! The last day of Santa Isabel--we all had to represent different colors for our grades! Look at Victoria with her Big Red 😊

Making homemade butter cookies for the last day of Santa Isabel! 
My wonderful host teacher Mrs. Marsia and I eating tapas in the courtyard at school!
My host family's cabin, Mas La Roca, in the mountains!!! It was built in the 1500s. They also rent it out 😉 hint hint 
My view from my bedroom at the cabin. There is an abandoned church (Sant Andreu) in the background. Mass is held once a year and that is it! Check out the roses and it's November!
An Priest joined us on Saturday. After living in Argentina for 30 years, he decided to move back to Spain and this farm is where he grew up. He cooked us a traditional Argentinian dish, Asados, which is a rack of beef slowly cooked over a fire.
It was delicious !!!!!
This little fellow wanted to join us too. He actually is not that little! I have never seen such a creature. 

Went hiking in the mountains! We went to Castillo de Popa; an abandoned castle at the top of the mountain and Sant Andreu's church. The views were incredible!
The castle we hiked to. It is built on top of a rock that sits on top of the mountain. It was built in the 10th century!!!! 
The view from the castle!!! I never wanted to leave! 
This is the rock that the castle is built on. It was impressive! To think that people hauled rock and stone up to this mountain and then on top of a rock to build a castle and live in it, is mind blowing!

Well, these are just some of the many great photos from my first week in Barcelona! I have tons more! I had to start deleting pictures because I ran out of room and I have three weeks left! I don't know what I am going to do! I am sorry it took me so long to post pictures! I hope y'all enjoy!



















No comments:

Post a Comment